Sometimes the cart without the horse will do...

I am currently sat in our project writing this blog, with the hopes that I shall be able to send it a little later on. I should be doing my homework for school tonight, but decided that updating my blog was much more important. Let's see if my professor is of the same opinion later on.

On my right the girls are making story bracelets with Hannah, and on my left the boys (who by the way have gatecrashed the girls afternoon) are sat making little necklaces of their own. They are only replying to feminine names today because they are protesting the fact that mondays are only for girls (although I don't know how pretending to be a girl is a form of protesting, or how biblical it is that I am just letting them get on with it). Behind me Romulu and Becky are working away on the renovation of the building, and I get to sit in the sun with well behaved children writing my blog. Idyllic.

The past week, not surprisingly was quite a busy one. We had the children every afternoon, and because a trip that they were really looking forward to, we had to come up with something else to occupy a whole afternoon of their time. It was a pretty full on week where I learnt more and more things about Brazilian kids, for example, that they are ridiculously competitive, and also that they are really quite sensitive, which when combined result in something pretty ugly. On Friday, as an Easter treat we created a sort of 'Championship Games' for the kids in three teams with activities like treasure hunts and relay races, but had to cut it a little short when the girls all of a sudden FLEW at each other (It wasn't until quite a lot later that I really understood what had occurred since they were screaming and shouting quite fast, so I just tried to explain why it was that we didn't need any more added violence in the world). To be quite honest, when the fight first broke out, my primary reaction was closer to laughing than it was to worry. The girls of course promised to hate each other for ever and never talk to each other again, but are currently sat altogether with Hannah making bracelets and sharing girly secrets, so so much for that threat.

Becky has arrived, which is great! Not only did she bring chocolate, she also brought blutac!! She's allowed to come again. Hannah and I also took the saturday day off finally to do something day-offy with Becky, and we all (including the step team) went away to the beach for the day, which was just a dream, and I now can even say that I have got some colour, which is not red. It resembles something like normal skin colour rather than the marble white that I was before. We played frisbee and beach volley and Judith and Adrian made us lunch and let us shower at their house. I can tell you that saturday night was the best nights sleep I have had as of yet. Even sleeping next to Becky who snores something awful (I am of course kidding, it's me that snores :) ).

Easter came and went without too many interruptions to our daily routine, although the little childrens easter presentation almost made me explode candy hearts and candyfluff. And it also meant that I had an excuse to eat lots of biscuits and chocolate which I would have eaten anyway but having an excuse is always quite morale enforcing.

The general mantra of this week is: Man it's Hot. Is it possible for someone to start sweating blood if their run out of water in their bodies. Lucky we have a doctor here to tell us :)

Missing you
God Bless
Emma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men are seldom more commonplace than on supreme occasions-Samuel Butler

“Once you'd resolved to go, there was nothing to it at all.”

Wednesday: I'm writing this from a hammock