Age is a very high price to pay for maturity


Hey one and all.

Yes, I'm a day late, as was alreayd pointed out. But I figured that since yesterday was my birthday that I could have some mercy time. Apparently not. ;) So now I turned 24, although I did have a long argument about it with one of the chefs. Apparently when you reach a certain age, your brain tells you that really you shouldn't be that age. So I had convinced myself that I ws turning 23, and argued with him about it for a good 10-15 minutes. I then took out a calculator (this is how convinced I was) and showed him how I was turning..........24. whoops. So there you have it, it appears that I'm having an age crisis.

Sarah has been visiting and it's been lovely, I've had an excuse to stay in bed late, and to eat good food and to watch awful movies. I like having her here!


So plans have changed slightly since last week. Where the plan was to quietly wait in Helsinki until my visa comes through. Instead, I have been given an opportunity for something new to do for a couple of months, and I've taken it. Starting Monday I shall be working at the Loch Ness Lodge Hotel in Drumnadrochit. Hopefully until the end of October, given that i don't break too many dishes. I am very much looking forward to it for numerous reasons. The main one being that I begin to feel awfully restless in the Autumns, usually that restlessness is cured with a new term in school, or moving country, or returning home after a long summer holiday. Every Autumn of my life I have started something new, so last week when the idea was that I carry on doing what I've been doing was the predominant idea, and even friends at work found themselves homesick for whereever they were from, it felt a little worryingly like melancholy. But thankfully here I am, a couple of days away from flying back to Scotland. Yey. Big up the Skinners. Big up God!

Although having said all that, this week I have been reading a new book, a book of meditations from John Piper about life as a vapour. And one of the meditations that was included talked about how we should not talk about our plans because really our plans our overshadowed by Gods plans, and we should never really talk about out plans without taking in consideration that God's plans might be different to ours (James 4:13-16). So in light of this. I'll be in Inverness working next week, I'll be able to catch up with some of my friends there. God willing.

Also, thank you all very much for your birthday wishes. They were very much appreciated!!!

Love, Hugs and God Bless
Ems





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men are seldom more commonplace than on supreme occasions-Samuel Butler

“Once you'd resolved to go, there was nothing to it at all.”

Wednesday: I'm writing this from a hammock